Ages 3 - 6th Grade
Wednesdays, 6:55 - 8:15pm
September - May
Regular weekly AWANA meetings will begin on Wednesday, September 9. For the fall semester, KHBC will offer two options for families:
1. In-person club
2. At-home club
IN-PERSON CLUB - the in-person club would be as similar to our traditional format as possible, but with these changes:
- Clubbers directed to wash their hands when they arrive.
- Clubbers directed to wash up again after game time.
- Social distancing during the handbook and counsel times.
- Disinfecting the desks we use at the end of club.
AT-HOME CLUB - for parents who are not comfortable with in-person, we will offer the option to work on a book at home, but with more support than we were able to do March through May.
- Leaders willing to do video chat would be paired with clubbers and set up a very brief weekly meeting time. (15 minutes)
- At-home clubbers would still be eligible for the same prizes for completing sections and book awards, etc.
- At-home clubbers would be given links on the AWANA website for at least one or two brief devotionals per month and could discuss for a couple of minutes with their mentor.
REGISTRATION - this year, instead of registering at the first club meeting, we are requesting that you register using this link: AWANA CLUBBER REGISTRATION FORM. When you follow this link, you will be able to complete one form per clubber and select with club format you want for the fall semester.
We look forward to partnering with you in the discipleship of your children!
What is AWANA?
The letters in AWANA represent Approved Workmen Are Not Ashamed. This principle is given to us in II Timothy 2:15 -- “Study to show yourself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.” We can be approved workmen by knowing, understanding, and obeying God's word as given to us in the scriptures. AWANA is designed to help children do these very things through weekly verse memorization and Bible lessons.
When does AWANA meet?
AWANA Clubs meet most Wednesday nights, 6:55-8:15pm, from September - May. Each clubber is given a calendar on the first night.
What ages may attend?
Cubbies Club - 3-4 year olds
Sparks Club - K5-2nd Grade
Truth & Training (T&T) Girls - 3rd-6th Grade
Truth & Training (T&T) Boys - 3rd-6th Grade
Where do the clubs meet?
Cubbies may be dropped off and picked up between our first two buildings (Buildings A & B). They meet in the Children's Ministry Room (Room A-206 in Building A).
Sparks and T&T clubbers may be dropped off and picked up in our gym, located in our back building (Building D).
Is there a cost?
All clubbers will need to purchase a handbook each year. They have the option of purchasing a uniform (one uniform per age group). We also ask that clubbers contribute their "AWANA dues" each week ($0.50 per clubber per week) to help defray some of the necessary costs to run the clubs.
AWANA Awards Ceremony
At the end of each club year (May), clubbers will be awarded for their accomplishments at our Awards Ceremony.